The season of mangoes is finally here! You’re going to find them everywhere and almost everything you eat is going to include lots of mangoes; be it ice creams, tarts, yoghurts, shakes, salads and even your homemade food! It doesn’t matter if you’re a health freak because there are so many great benefits of mangoes that your dietician will probably suggest you eat it. It not only helps prevent cancer but also helps in maintaining cholesterol levels, regulating diabetes and alkalizing your body.
Apart from tasting absolutely amazing, did you know that mangoes are one of the most versatile fruits in the world, with more than 1,000 different varieties? Well, it’s called the King of fruits for a reason. To help you make the most of the mango season, we’ve listed some of the best dishes and drinks that you can have.
And not just that, we’ve also included recipes of everyone’s favourite aam ka achaar and mango soufflé! So the next time you have a get-together with your friends or just want to channel your inner chef, you can give this a shot!
Soups n Salads
Apart from amazing mango salad, Soups n Salads have also got mango pannacotta and mango mojito. So whether you want a dessert or a salad or a drink, they’ve got you covered!
Address: 1 St Floor, Jubilee Towers, Jubilee Hills Road Number 36, CBI Colony Ph: 040 2355 0038
If you’re craving mango and are super hungry then this delicious mango thaali is for you! It’s got everything from mango pulihara, mango chutney to mango pachi pulusu and mango daal. It’s an excellent, refreshing change from the regular non-vegetarian food that we’re so obsessed with. You’ll definitely want to go back for more!
Address: Plot No.481, Level 5, 36th Square, Road No.36, Opp. SVM Mall, Near Pedamma Temple Arch, Jubilee Hills. Ph: 086886 86886
Cream stone seems to be everyone’s favourite and it’s no wonder why. Their Alphonso ice cream topped with fresh mango cubes is nothing short of amazing!
Address: Ground Floor, Beside Huber & Holly, Road 2, Banjara Hills. Ph: 096184 59000
Famous Ice Cream
Famous ice cream has been around since forever and their customers just don’t seem to have enough of it, ever! Their mango ice cream is super yummy and if you’ve never tried it, now is the right time!
Address: No.3-4-350, Nampally Station Road, Inside Clock Tower, Mozzamjahi Market. Ph: 040 6597 2958
Naturals Ice cream
We all love Naturals Ice creams and their mango ice cream has a fan base of its own. Whether you choose to have it in a waffle cone or a cup, you’re going to fall in love either way!
Address: Shop No. G2, Ground Floor, J.P.Tower, #169 Sardar Patel Road, Secunderabad. Website: www.organicmangoes.in
If you want to enjoy some delectable mangoes but don’t want to go out in the scorching heat, you can order them online! Organic Mangoes is a product of ‘KOSAGARAM’, a pure organic store which produces their crop by ancient farming methods using natural manure. They’ve got everything from Himayath and Kesari to Chinna Rasalu, Alphonso and Dasheri!
- 2 mango large
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pure icing sugar sifted
- 1 tbs gelatine powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 300 ml thickened cream whipped
- STEP 1 Peel and chop mangoes.
- STEP 2 Blend with the lemon juice and icing sugar.
- STEP 3 Pour into a glass bowl.
- STEP 4 Dissolve gelatine in hot water. Add to mango mixture and mix well.
- STEP 5 Fold in the whipped cream mixing well.
- STEP 6 Chill until set.
Instant Mango Pickle
- Raw Mangoes
- 3 tablespoons Kashmiri red chilli powder or red chilli powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- Half teaspoon asafoetida
- 3- 4 tablespoons of oil
One small cup mustard and fenugreek seeds for Tadka
- STEP 1 Rinse the mangoes and dry them with a clean kitchen towel and make sure there is no trace of moisture.
- STEP 2 Chop the mangoes into bite-size or cubes and put them in a mixing bowl.
- STEP 3 Add turmeric, red chilli powder and salt to the chopped raw mangoes. Mix it all together with a spoon; make sure that the chopped mangoes are coated completely.
- STEP 4 Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a small vessel or kadai, add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida. Fry for 1 or 2 minutes and switch off the flame.
- STEP 5 Pour this hot oil mixture over the coated raw mangoes and mix everything with a spoon.
- STEP 6 Allow it to cool and store mango pickle in a clean glass bottle. Serve them as a side dish with your favourite meal. #KhabarLive