Are you preparing for the SBI PO exam? If yes, you must check out this article, which is about a complete guide on the exam without relying on classroom coaching. SBI PO exam is taken each year for appointing Probationary Officers for State Bank of India.
The SBI PO 2020 Main Exam will be conducted on 29th January 2021. The results of the prelims exam are already out. Candidates preparing for the SBI PO 2021 exam will be shortlisted based on their prelims and main exam’s performance, followed by GD / Interview round.
We will be discussing important topics, exam patterns, and preparation tips for students who want to take the exam this year. Those who will appear for the Mains exam, will be beneficial from the preparation tips mentioned here.
SBI PO 2021 Exam Pattern
The SBI PO exam pattern is different for both the 2 stages – Prelims and Mains. Both the exams will be taken online. The final round will be Group Discussion / Personal Interview. Mentioned below is the exam pattern for Prelims and Mains.
SBI PO 2021 Exam Pattern for Prelim
SBI PO 2021 Paper Pattern for Main Exam
The final stage of SBI PO 2021 will include Group Discussion and Interview and applicants will be selected based on their performance in all these stages.
SBI PO Prelim Syllabus
Syllabus of SBI PO 2021 – Main Exam
SBI PO 2021 – Some useful preparation tips
Refer to the section-wise SBI PO Preparation Tips below:
1. Reasoning Section: IN case you have prepared well for the reasoning section, you can get a good score. Some of the vital topics you must prepare thoroughly include Linear Arrangements, Distribution, and Comparison, Circular Arrangements, etc.
2. Quantitative Aptitude: Try to learn the shortest and accurate ways of solving questions. Practicing regularly for the exam by doing different kinds of questions can help you get a good score.
3. English Language: Reading Comprehension, Cloze test, Error identification, etc. are some of the essential chapters in English for which you need to work harder to develop a better understanding. The questions asked in prelims are relatively easy as compared to the ones asked in the mains exam. Start reading an English newspaper daily and read English novels to get the maximum marks in this section.
4. Computer Aptitude: All the aspirants preparing for the SBI PO must have basic knowledge of computer software and hardware. Some of the topics that need extra preparation time include LAN and WAN, Basic MS office, among others.
5. General Awareness: Reading newspapers and magazines regularly helps stay updated about the current affairs and topics. Some of the essential topics based on which the questions are asked in the exam include the Indian economy, Marketing, Awards and Honours, Indian Constitution, Indian Policies, etc.
SBI PO General Preparation tips
All sections are important while preparing for the SBI Probationary Officer Exam, so applicants are suggested to make a section-wise preparation strategy that can help them get a good score in each of the sections.
A clear preparation strategy will help candidates in solving all the sections within the mentioned time limit. In case you are weak in one subject, try to spend extra time on that particular section and solve more questions related to the same.
1. Do mock tests – Doing more mock tests plays an important role in boosting your preparations, candidates must do more mock tests to get familiarity with different kinds of questions. Also, don’t forget to analyze your performance after giving the mock tests to focus on those areas that need improvement. Doing more mock tests will help you know more about the shortcuts that help solve all the questions within the available time. Since the exam has sectional timings, learning shortcuts will allow you to solve maximum questions in the least possible time.
2. Clear the concepts – Before starting with the preparations, candidates must clear all the concepts. Since the standard of the SBI PO syllabus is of graduation level, so ensure that all the concepts are clear. You can also refer to some high school books to clear your basis first before studying difficult and challenging concepts.
3. Pay importance to last year’s question papers – Candidates must go through last year’s question papers of SBI PO as it helps them revise the critical topics. Doing last year’s question papers will help candidates know the kind of questions asked in the exam, pattern, style, weightage of a particular chapter, etc.
4. Refer to online tutorials – In digitalization, referring to online resources is the best way to prepare for such highly competitive exams. There are so many useful video tutorials available online and have proved effective for bank exam preparation. Candidates can refer to these online video tutorials to learn the short- tricks, etc.
5. Avoid many guesses – While taking the SBI PO exam, try not to make too many guesses as there is a negative marking for every incorrect response. All the candidates must avoid giving too many guesses, as it will lower the overall scores.
Another important thing that needs to be taken care of while taking the exam is that candidates must avoid spending much time on a single question. In case you are facing difficulty understanding a particular question, then rather than wasting much time on time, move to the next one.
All those preparing for the SBI PO exam are advised to follow the above-mentioned preparation tips and start preparing in advance. Work hard and stay motivated, you will surely ace the exam!! #KhabarLive #hydnews